It would be an interesting move for Juventus if they were able to sign the winger, though it is unlikely that he will leave Barcelona this summer. It should also not come as a surprise given their recent acquisition of Cristiano Ronaldo. He has undeniable talent and could provide the wing depth which Juve are sorely lacking right now.
In a move which would see one of the world’s biggest football clubs make its first signing since 1991, Juventus have been heavily linked with a move to sign Ousmane Dembele from Barcelona. The French winger has caught the eye in recent weeks and is fast gaining recognition as possibly being worth €150m – although he will cost more than that if Barca decide to sell him.Barcelona are looking to make a move for Bayern Munich’s Ousmane Dembele. The French winger was linked with Juventus in the summer transfer window, but Barcelona could be willing to meet Bayern’s asking price of €150m (£133m).
Kingley Coman is a French winger who plays for Bayern Munich. He has been linked to Juventus this summer, with the Italian giants reportedly willing to part with €50 million for the player.
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
COMAN TO BARCELONA, DEMBELE TO JUVENTUS?
According to Calciomercato, a domino effect is brewing between two of Europe’s greatest clubs, with Barcelona’s pursuit of Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman poised to prompt Juventus to begin their pursuit of Ousmane Dembele.
Both France internationals have been linked with transfers away from their present clubs, with Dembele being kept out of Barca’s first-team activities as contract negotiations drag on. And, according to the Italian site, if Xavi is appointed as the next manager of the Blaugrana, he wants to make Coman his first signing.
The 25-year-old is considered as a perfect alternative for Dembele, who can start discussing his next move with other teams in January, with Juventus poised to compete with Newcastle United for his signing if Coman moves from the Allianz Arena to the Camp Nou.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
13.14 BST: Leonardo, the sports director of Paris Saint-Germain, has dismissed reports that the club is contemplating terminating Sergio Ramos’ contract.
Since joining PSG as a free agent four months ago, the Spanish centre-back has not featured for the club. In July, he suffered a left calf injury in training and has yet to return to the field with his colleagues.
Ramos, 35, signed a two-year deal with the French champions, but he hasn’t played since May 5.
According to Le Parisien, PSG has the ability to cancel Ramos’ contract, but Leonardo refuted this.
“We’re aware Ramos has been injured,” he stated. “We all knew he had a problem, but the press was playing games with us. We’re aware of the situation.”
Ramos recently shared a video of himself training on Instagram, with the caption: “We continue to work hard and make progress. I’m looking forward to seeing you again!”
12.23 a.m. BST: After replacing Nuno Espirito Santo on Monday, Tottenham Hotspur are in advanced discussions to recruit Antonio Conte as their next manager, according to ESPN’s James Olley.
Nuno was fired after a meeting on Sunday with chairman Daniel Levy, managing director of football Fabio Paratici, and other members of the club’s board of directors. Nuno had only been in charge for 17 games.
Conte is set to arrive in London in the coming hours to resume discussions, and he is open to returning to the Premier League after guiding Chelsea to the championship in 2017 and then leaving a year later.
Conte walked away from talks with Tottenham in the summer, according to ESPN, in part because the club refused to give him broad authority over first-team matters, including recruiting.
Spurs officials disputed that Conte was ever officially offered the post, although Conte subsequently claimed that wage issues stopped a deal, saying: “Instead, I seek for initiatives and am prepared to remain at home if something does not persuade me. It has to do with foresight, honesty, and values.”
According to ESPN, Conte’s willingness to restart talks was the determining element in Tottenham’s decision to cut ways with Nuno.
Tottenham Hotspur are contemplating sacking Nuno Espirito Santo as a result of fan discontent following Saturday’s 3-0 home loss to Manchester United, according to ESPN’s James Olley.
Spurs are in ninth place in the Premier League after losing five of their first ten games since Nuno took over in the summer.
ESPN chairman Daniel Levy is meeting with footballing director Fabio Paratici on Sunday, according to sources, but is hesitant to make a snap decision so early in the season. However, several top individuals at the club were believed to be astonished by the amount of vitriol from the team’s fans inside the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this weekend.
Nuno’s fate is unknown at this moment, but one source claims that “all options are open” after a humiliating defeat in which the squad was booed off at half-time and full-time.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent important transfers • January transfer grades
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Adam Brown)
– Liverpool might want Luka Jovic in January, according to Mundo Deportivo, who claims the 23-year-old attacker is on the Premier League club’s radar. Jovic has been linked with a transfer away from Real Madrid throughout Carlo Ancelotti’s reign, since his playing time has been reduced this season. And, after a period of intense scrutiny by teams throughout Europe, the competition for his signing seems to be heating up even more, with Liverpool the latest club to be connected with his signature.
– Jose Mourinho has identified Nacho Fernandez as a possible January acquisition, despite the 31-year-old centre-absence back’s from Real Madrid’s first-team plans. That is according to El Nacional, who claims that if he moves to the Estadio Olimpico, the Roma boss is willing to offer him a starring position. Nacho has appeared in nine games this season, although just four of them have been at his favored position of centre-back.
Barcelona want to add more goals to their midfield, according to Sport, and have made Donny van de Beek a priority acquisition in the January transfer window. The LaLiga club has been watching the 24-year-old midfielder as he continues to be disgruntled with his lack of playing time at Manchester United, but due to the financial crisis at Camp Nou, they will only be able to finance a loan.
– According to Le10Sport, Paris Saint-Germain are mulling a move for Marcelo Brozovic, with Leonardo interested in signing the Croatia international on a free transfer next summer. Brozovic’s Internazionale contract is slated to expire at the conclusion of the season, although it was recently rumored that he would put off negotiations about a possible extension. This season, the 28-year-old has made 14 appearances for the Serie A team.
– Xavi Simons will take his time deciding whether or not to extend his contract with Paris Saint-Germain, with Fabrizio Romano admitting on the Here We Go Podcast that he is worried about the challenge of getting into the first squad at the Parc des Princes. The 18-year-old midfielder has recently been linked with a return to Barcelona, but despite PSG’s desire to sign him to a new contract, his future might be decided elsewhere if he is not assured first-team action.
- dembele age